David Landa Stewart is a Sydney based commercial law practice. The firm celebrates 92 years of continuous service to the community in 2019, making it one of the oldest legal firms in the country. We offer a wide range of specialist legal services - both to individuals and corporations in Australia and to companies proposing to invest or trade in Australia or use Australia as a base for operations in the Asia Pacific region.
David Landa Stewart was established in 1927 by the late the Honourable Abram Landa MLA, CMG who was for many years a Cabinet Minister in the New South Wales Government and former Agent General in London.
The cornerstone of the firm has always been the quality of its legal advice and the integrity of its lawyers. Law firms have changed over the years but this remains at the heart of what DLS is all about.
David Singer was principal and managing partner of the firm from 1988 to 2002. During that time he developed a significant commercial and business law practice. He spearheaded the change in the firm’s focus to commercial, property and finance related work. Many of the associations with those commercial clients continue to this day.
In July 2002 his son Simon Singer became the firm's principal and managing partner. The firm became an incorporated entity in 2014 and Simon heads the firm as its Managing Director.
In 2018 the firm established DLS Property Solutions to provide an even broader range of property related services to its clients.
- We offer a select, client-focused package of services, encompassing commercial, dispute resolution, litigation, property, finance and insolvency.
- We aim for the highest service levels and professionalism. A pragmatic and commercial focus is critical.
- We strive to keep the DLS team tight knit and focused, so that we have a longer term appreciation of our clients’ needs.
- Our clients maintain direct access to the professionals handling their matter.
- We regularly undertake client and staff surveys and performance evaluations. Our goal is to strive to achieve excellent results and exceed client expectations.
- Family-run enterprises – in retail and commercial industry.
- Public and private companies – including local and overseas entities.
- Financial institutions – including banks and building societies.
- Public and private trusts - including property trusts and charitable foundations.
Click here to view our clients' testimonials.
Why choose DLS?
- Experience - We bring years of practical and commercial experience to each matter.
- Innovative - We work diligently to develop creative and commercial solutions for our clients' matters.
- Diligent - We work tirelessly on behalf of our clients and their interests. Your matters matter. Every client, every matter, every time.
- Communicative - Clear and concise communication is critical. We welcome our clients' communications and involvement in their legal matters.
- Strategic - The law isn’t always about the law. It’s also about commercial, pragmatic, cost effective and strategic outcomes.
- Dynamic - We can adapt to changing circumstances. As you change, we change. We want to be Your Legal Advisors for Life.
- Responsibility - Protecting our clients’ interests is our primary responsibility.