Simon specialises in residential and commercial financing, construction law, property law, franchising, business acquisition and disposal, and general corporate/commercial legal advisory issues.
- Business/Commercial Law
- Property Law, Construction and Development
- Personal and Commercial Finance
- Land Tax Advice - Allowances, Objections and Appeals
- Wills, Trusts and Estates
- BEc (Hons)(Syd)
- LLB (Hons)(Syd)
- NSW Real Estate Licence (No.20229779)
- Admitted as a solicitor in 1991.
- Gained wide experience at Allen, Allen and Hemsley Solicitors (now Allens) in their Commercial Property and Planning Group for five years, occupying the position of Senior Associate at the time of joining David Landa Stewart.
- Specialises in residential and commercial financing, general property law, construction and development, subdivision, property law, franchising, business acquisition and disposal, and general corporate/commercial legal advisory issues.
- Extensive experience in the area of trusts, wills and the administration of estates - including drafting and advising on family trusts and wills, advising on the rights and entitlements of executors, attorneys and guardians, and advising on contested estates litigation and proceedings involving powers of attorney, guardianships and Protected Estates.
- Has assisted hundreds of clients on land tax matters over the past 20 years including valuation objections, applications for statutory allowances and NCAT Appeals.
- Holds positions on the boards of many private companies and a non-profit community organisation.
- Acts as Executor of a number of deceased estates.
- Has published specialist construction and property articles in The Building and Construction Law Journal and The Australian Construction Law Journal.
- Acts as Honorary Solicitor for a range of communal organisations.
- Became Principal and Managing Partner of the firm on 1 July 2002.
- Head of the Commercial Property Group and (following the firm's incorporation in July 2014) the firm's Managing Director.
- Co-author of Practical Guidance - Probate published by LexisNexis (since 2012).
- Manages the firm’s Charitable Program.
- Manages DLS Property Solutions and is a Licenced Real Estate Agent in NSW.
- Member - Society of Estates and Trust Practitioners - www.step.org
- Member - PEXA - www.pexa.com.au