DLS Charitable Program
At DLS we are committed to giving back to our communities through our pro bono work, charitable giving, and community service programs.
We want to play an active, positive role in the communities in which we work and live.
We want to stand for more than superior legal services - we believe that corporate leadership means taking the initiative to help our fellow citizens.
We are extremely proud of the charitable work we are doing and the ability of the firm to support that work.
As the firm has grown, our opportunities to give back to our communities have also increased. A dedicated Group has now been formed within DLS to manage these activities. To that end, we assist a number of charitable and not-for-profit community organisations in a range of ways, including:
- the provision of pro bono legal advice - to organisations such as UNICEF, The Fred Hollows Foundation and CEDA;
- the provision of free seminars to members or employees of various organizations, such as the Salvation Army and Sydney University
- the provision of free legal services to donors and clients of various charitable bodies - including MS Australia, Australian Red Cross, St. Vincent de Paul Society and the Salvation Army
- our involvement in annual Will Days sponsored by charitable bodies such as The Salvation Army;
- our involvement in Law Week sponsored by the NSW Law Society;
- sitting on the board of not- for-profit community organisations;
- provision of strategic advice to charities in connection with the establishment and operation of a wills and bequests division within their organisation; and
- last but not least, providing ongoing financial support to various charities.
We encourage our clients to share our vision and to include a charitable bequest of some kind in their will. Many have opted to do so - in the form of direct bequests and/or the establishment of a private Charitable Foundation.
Simon Singer heads the Charitable Program and takes responsibility for its promotion and management.