David specialises in commercial disputes resolution and has a particular interest in Estates Litigation.
- Contested Estates Litigation
- Insolvency and Debt Recovery
- Commercial Disputes
- Land Tax Disputes and Appeals
- Admitted as a solicitor in South Africa in 1994
- BA (Hons) Economic History (University of Cape Town)
- LLB (University of Cape Town)
- Admitted to practice in New South Wales in May 2004
- Immigrated to Sydney, Australia in 2003 from South Africa, where he had been a partner at a top tier law firm, Werksmans Incorporated.
- Gained experience in a number of Sydney law firms in the areas of commercial disputes and insolvency, acting for corporate and commercial clients, liquidators, bankruptcy trustees and trade credit insurers.
- Joined DLS in January 2012 and heads the firm's Dispute Resolution Group.
- He acted in complex litigation arising out of contested wills and deceased estates including claims under the Succession Act (Family Provision Claims) and litigation involving the interpretation of wills and discretionary trusts.
- Advised creditors, insolvency practitioners and directors on various aspects of insolvency administration - including preference claims, insolvent trading claims, rights of secured and unsecured creditors, retention of title disputes and recovery actions.
- Represented corporate and private clients in commercial dispute matters including general debt recovery matters, shareholder disputes, director disputes and directors' and officers' liabilities.
- Represented a number of clients with (NSW) Land Tax issues relating to statutory allowances and land valuation objections.